100 Best Wedding Venues in Melbourne – 2018
Melbourne Wedding Blog: Wedding Venues
The Burtterfly House is pleased to bring you the brand new 2018 list of the 100 Best Wedding Venues in Melbourne. Some are outside Melbourne but no more than an hour or so. Some would suit your reception better than your ceremony but after photographing hundreds of weddings, I know people can make an amazing wedding anywhere.
Whether you are looking for an unusual venue, the best wedding venue, the best wedding venue in the Melbourne CBD, or even hotel venues you will find it here. There are a range of styles here too, restaurants, function venues, penthouses, art galleries, gardens, even a yacht! I’ve tried to create a list that has something for every style of wedding.
100 Top Melbourne wedding venues
- Vogue Ballroom.
- Vines of the Yarra Valley.
- Alowyn Gardens. Yarra Glen.
- Alto. Melbourne CBD.
- Ascot House. Ascot Vale.
- Australian Centre for Contemporary Art (ACCA). South Melbourne.
- Ballara. Eltham.
- Blue Diamond. CBD.
- Bram Leigh. Dandenongs
- Bright Young Things. Cremorne (Richmond). NB not technically one venue but they represent some very cool venues.
- Brighton Savoy. Brighton.
Read a profile of Brighton Savoy here.
- Campbell Point House. Ballarine Peninsula.
- Carousel. Albert Park.
- Chin Chin. CBD.
- Circa. St Kilda. CLOSED but will rebrand and open by October 2018.
- Como House. South Yarra.
- Crown. Southbank.
- Cumulus Inc. CBD.
Read a profile of Cumulus Inc. here.
- Cutler & Co. Fitzroy.
- Eastern Hill Dining Hall. Fitzroy.
- Emu Bottom Homestead. Sunbury.
- Encore. St Kilda.
Read a profile of Encore St Kilda here.
- Eureka 89. Southbank.
Read a profile of Eureka 89 here
- Flower Drum. CBD.
- Forty Five Downstairs. CBD.
- Gardens House, Royal Botanic Gardens. South Yarra.
- Grand Hyatt. CBD.
- Harbour Room. St Kilda.
- Healesville Country Club. Healesville.
- Hotel Windsor. CBD.
- Immigration Museum. CBD.
- Labassa. Caulfield North.
- Lake House. Daylesford.
- Leonda by the Yarra. Hawthorn.
- Lieux. Richmond.
- Lincoln of Toorak. Toorak.
- Living Museum. Maribyrnong.
- Luminaire. South Melbourne.
- Luna Park. St Kilda.
- Melbourne Aquarium. CBD.
- Melbourne Museum. CBD.
- Melbourne Town Hall. CBD.
- Mon Bijou. CBD.
- Montalto. Red Hill South.
- Myer Mural Hall. CBD.
- National Gallery of Victoria. CBD.
- Nobu. Southbank
- Normanby House. Thornbury.
- One Seven One Dorcas Street. South Melbourne.
- Park Hyatt. CBD.
- Pearl (Luxury Yacht). Port Phillip Bay.
- Peninsula. Docklands.
- Persimmon (NGV). CBD.
- Playroom. Fitzroy.
- Poet’s Lane. Mount Dandenong.
- Pope Joan. East Brunswick.
- Port Melbourne Yacht Club. Port Melbourne.
- Port Phillip Estate. Red Hill South.
- Quat Quatta. Ripponlea.
- Red Scooter. Balaclava.
Read a profile of Red Scooter here.
- Red Spice Road. CBD.
Read a profile of Red Spice Road here.
- Rippon Lea. Ripponlea.
- Riva. St Kilda.
- Rockpool. CBD.
- Royal Botanic Gardens. South Yarra.
- Royce Hotel. South Melbourne.
- S6. Port Melbourne.
- Sails on the Bay. Elwood.
- Sandringham Yacht Club. Sandringham.
- Shellys. Williamstown.
- Showtime. South Wharf.
- Sketch. Docklands.
- Smart Artz Gallery. South Melbourne.
- Spring Street Events. CBD.
Read a profile of Spring Street Events here.
- State Library of Victoria. CBD.
- Stones of the Yarra Valley. Coldstream.
- Studio Raw Materials. Footscray.
- Syracuse. CBD.
- Tatra. Mount Dandenong.
- The Astor. St Kilda.
- The Baths. Sorrento.
- The Chapter House. CBD.
- The Convent. Daylesford.
- The Deck at the Prince. St Kilda.
- The Gables. East Malvern.
- The George on Collins. CBD
Read a profile of The George on Collins here.
- The International. Brighton.
- The Langham. Southbank.
- The Lyall. South Yarra.
- The Mission Rooftop. Prahran.
- The Pavillion Fitzroy Gardens. East Melbourne.
- The Point. Albert Park.
- The Substation. New Port.
- The Willows. South Melbourne. CLOSED for business as of mid 2018.
- Thousand Pound Bend. CBD.
- Two Ton Max. North Melbourne.
- Vue de Monde. CBD.
- Werribee Park. Werribee.
- Yering Station. Yarra Glen.
- Nathania Springs. Dandenongs.
If you’re looking for the best wedding venues Melbourne, your biggest challenge will be choosing just one.
Coming in as the second largest city in all of Australia, Melbourne is a culturally rich metropolis that has a little of something for everyone!
Whether you are after the best indoor wedding venues, the perfect beachfront wedding venue, an intimate garden wedding venue, or an elegant hotel wedding venue, Melbourne has it all!
In no particular order, here we list the editors’ choice top 50 wedding venues in Melbourne
Just started planning your wedding? Not sure where to start looking for the perfect venue for your ceremony and reception in or around Melbourne? We thought we’d help by putting together some of our favourites (along with the perfect wedding invitations to go with them).
So, first things first: What kind of Melbourne wedding venue do you see for yourself?
Traditionally Gorgeous Wedding Venues:
For every little girl who dreamed of being a bride. Cue stunning formal white gown, fairy lights, a magical backdrop for photos, and the venue’s decades worth of professional experience to bring you a seamless wedding experience.
Modern Twist Wedding Venues:
See yourself somewhere a bit more cutting edge and modern? Perhaps you’re planning a superstar entrance or a wellness retreat. These up-to-the-minute venues have the look, technology and cuisine to impress your guests.
Best Boutique Wedding Venues:
Planning something a little more intimate? While many of the larger venues also have spaces for smaller weddings, these gems specifically cater for those who aren’t interested in inviting all their Facebook friends.
Leafy Wedding Venues:
You need the great outdoors! Rolling hills, maybe a vineyard and a wedding invitation that says “cocktail attire + flat shoes”. Combine with killer local produce for an event everyone will enjoy.
Show Stopper Wedding Venues:
For those with a bigger budget and a need to seriously impress. Think the best food in the most stunning locations in Melbourne. These Melbourne wedding venues are truly unique.